Bookbinder’s Starter Pack
Our book binding starter pack is perfect for those who want to start with, and then continue on their journey into book binding. This pack contains most of the key tools and materials you will need to open up your new world into the traditional craft of bookbinding and then hopefully beyond…
Our pack contains:-
Bookbinding starter pack will make 4 portrait note books each with 2 sections approx. 20cms x 13cms
- A selection of assorted sheets in various materials, sizes and colours of our quality book covering materials.
- A piece of mull for the spine binding
- A length of natural sewing thread
- 2 x no.18 Bookbinding needles
- A length of tape for strengthening the paper sections
- 1 x standard size glue brush
- 1 x 0.5kg book binding quality PVA adhesive
- 1 x bone folder to fold in and crease, the paper and cloth
- 1 x book binding awl to perforate the middle pages for sewing
- 1 x traditional book binding knife for trimming joined pages and excess thread
- 1 x pair of general purpose scissors
- 8 cut sheets of grey board for the covers
- 8 sheets of cream plain paper for the inside pages (2 in each)
- 4 sheets in same cream paper for the inside of the boards (end papers)
We really hope that you enjoy using our bookbinder’s starter pack, please note that we also sell tutorials supporting beginners on their book binding journey.
Wrapped up with tissue paper and ideal as a gift.
Further products, for your next step are available online at www.ratchford.co.uk
Any books shown online are not included in the pack, and can be purchased separately.