Bookbinder’s Starter Pack
£49.99 exc. VAT
Available on special offer as an incentive for those to experiment with a new and fun hobby while having to self isolate from the dreaded Coronavirus.
*Goods sent carriage free*
This is our ultimate Bookbinder’s Starter Pack for those who want to start with, and then to continue their journey in bookbinding. The pack contains all of the key tools and materials you will need to start your journey and to continue in the craft of bookbinding. It may be necessary for actual beginners to join a book binding course and work under supervision, or buy additional books as suggested below, or visit a specialist book binding website online.
Bookbinder’s Starter Kit
Our kit contains:
- A selection of assorted sheets in various sizes and colours of our quality book covering materials.
- 1 x strip of Mull No. 1 spine cloth
- 5 x Metres of Natural Linen Sewing Thread to sew the pages.
- 2 x No. 18 Bookbinding Needles for sewing.
- 2 Metres Stiff India Tape to add strength to the spine and hold the pages together.
- 1 x Glue Brush
- 1 x 0.5kg Bookbinding PVA Quality Adhesive
- 1 x Pointed Bone Folder for smoothing out the joints etc.
- 1 x Bookbinders Bodkin (Awl) to perforate the middle of the pages for sewing.
- 1 x Traditional Bookbinding Knife for trimming joins in the paper.
- 1 x Pair of General Purpose Scissors
- 4 x Quarter Cut Sheets of Grey board – for the covers.
- 2 x Sheets Good Quality End Papers for the inside board covers.
Books shown below main image above are not included in the kit, but are a useful tool to refer to with the kits.